Educate your audience on the dangers of fake pills with this very informative Counterfeit Drugs: Kill Pills Presentation Card. Counterfeit Pills are becoming an all too common problem in our country. We are currently in the center of an opioid epidemic which began with the overprescribing of strong, habit-forming painkillers. When prescriptions ran out, people turned to the streets for illegal pills and other stronger opioids. To help grow the market, drug dealers turned to cheaper yet stronger synthetic drugs like fentanyl to help boost their profit margins. This has led to numerous overdose deaths and a very dangerous combination of drugs on the streets.
These look a likes are almost impossible to spot.
You would not know if you were taking a regular pill or a stronger dosed one until it’s too late. Drug seizures of counterfeit pills and illegal drug labs have risen drastically. One lab, found in a suburban basement contained over 500,000 pills labeled as OxyContin. The pills contained pure fentanyl and were sold across the country to various dealers. Counterfeit pills are everywhere and it is a growing issue. Deaths from fentanyl laced drugs has skyrocketed in the last four years.
The Counterfeit Pills – Kill Pills Handout explains:
- What these dangerous pills are
- Where people are finding them, and how they are leading to overdoses and deaths across the country
- How quickly an overdose can occur when taking these fake pills
- How to recognize the signs of an overdose and what to do if someone around you has overdosed
- The dangers of fentanyl and how it has changed the landscape of the drug market, and why it is so deadly
- Warns that you don’t know what you’re buying and that one pill could be your last
To see a full PDF version of this card, click the Instant Preview tab above.
If you like this counterfeit drugs handout, then check out more of our Heroin and Opioid Prevention materials here.